Tuesday, June 30, 2009

London dreams

Inspired by this booklet
I just picked up at Moorgate,

On my way to Wembley Park
Wondering how I got this spark

Did I really have the ability
To write a beautiful poetry

About this London city
At the same time being witty?

Three long weeks here I spent
A couple of days in Kent

Two different worlds they are
Although not very far

Buses and tubes are that what make
London to go without a break

Somewhere in this wonderland
I lost my way I understand

Crowds of people here and there
Am I in the middle of a fair?

I am told I am at Bank, a place
Unmistakeably London’s face

Well dressed people come and go
In black and white to and fro

Finance is the game they play with cash
All look tensed after the crash

Far away from the madding crowd
I know I have a different road.

I board a tube, the first I get
Into a paradise I can never forget

I almost get lost in my solitude deeper
Like Wordsworth’s beautiful reaper

All of a sudden the good lady spoke
Train is about to terminate bloke

I jumped out of my seat and wrote
High time to stop this quote.

8 comments:

The VJ said...

A good one, Buddy!

Unknown said...

Not bad! Good work!

Shyam said...

@vj n patra- Thanx guys!

Krishna Chandran said...

its good to know that i'm inspiring people :)... don't stop here... :)

Shyam said...

@kc- lol... lets see

Alagappan said...

great job mr.poet... :P

sat said...

good man! Looking for more of this.

Shyam said...

@Alge n satya- thanks guys!